Wednesday, May 11, 2011

beautiful day in the neighborhood



It was a treat to watch as Mary pulled the brown paper from Southern Plenty's windows a couple of weeks ago and to be able to look out at our neignbors on Main Street.  All that was missing was Mr. Rogers to lead us in a little, “It’s a beautiful day in the Neighborhood”.  





One of the primary reasons we chose to open a  shop in South Boston was the tremendous commitment that theTown, the Downtown business owners, and the Citizens have shown in their revitalization efforts in Downtown SoBo.  We look forward to being a part of that. 






As Mary says in her telephone message, “You have reached Southern Plenty in South Boston, Virginia and we are “fixin” to open soon".  (I know none of the dictionaries list "fixin" and that dictionaries claim that "fixing" is a noun but I remember my Mother "fixin" dinner in Buffalo Springs and my sister, brother and myself "fixin" to do the chores.)

We are indeed working towards opening our Cafe/BookShop/Gallery but there are still a couple of items that need to be approved before we throw open the doors.  We are hopeful that we will be able to open before the end of this month. 
(In any event, we plan to open the Gallery and Book Shop portion for this month's Destination Downtown's Third Thursday celebration.  We hope to see you next Thursday evening and often in the future.)


8 comments:

  1. It's looking really good Mary, I'm looking forward to reading all about the opening.

    Jen_c

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're fixin to open. I know it will be a wonderful shop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks fabulous! I hope to visit someday. I'm here by way of Hallie, my favorite artist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck in your new adventure. I'm sending you a signed 2 dollar bill, make sure you hang it on your wall of plenty. Good Luck my friends

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Pamo. Hallie's a favorite of ours as well!
    Thanks Glen. How sweet! We arrived home after a night away (our anniversary) and found your wonderful gift which will go up as soon as we find where we put away the hammer!

    ReplyDelete