Wednesday, September 15, 2010

a new old bag

Here is one of a new series of bags I've been working on. Woops! This  interior shot was suppose to post second! I guess the term repurpose might be what I am doing. I purchased remnants from an upholstery manufacture that were headed for the rag picker and am having a great old time making it into things. My friend Darren has pointed out that I bought about 1/4 of a ton of fabric. Can you ever have to much fabric? What I love about it all is the color combinations, textures, design possibilities and problem solving. 


As you can see, I tend to use the circle and oval in my work and I like the idea of mirror  imaging .... well, sort of.  I'm now trying to think of a name for this series. Since its a big bag, my husband Robert thought maybe Oval Haul (like overall ) would be a good name. After all, we are trying to keep things Southern!

No comments:

Post a Comment