Friday, September 10, 2010

collecting cookbooks

One of the things I am looking forward to when we open the new shop is the cookbook section. I have been collecting cookbooks since we moved here and am ready to load and organize them at the shop. While going through the selection, I came across the very first cookbooks I ever owned. I think they were both Christmas presents from my parents. To this day I believe my favorite things to make are jumbo muffins and quiche. If you like my muffins and quiches then you can thank my parents, Marge and Herb. When we had our first restaurant (called Mariposa) there was many an early morning when I was baking that I could almost feel my Dad standing behind me, looking over my shoulder  to see what good thing I was making ; ).

4 comments:

  1. Mary, you gave me the same quiche cookbook when we were about 19 or 20! Those were my first quiches and how my mother and grandmother loved them.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie,
    I'm so glad to hear you made them for your mom and grandmother. It brings both of their faces to mind and I love that! I think thats around the time you gave me Native Funk and Flash.... a true San Francisco, in the hippy day craft and drug culture book! Audrey tells me the craft generation now is called the hipsters! All things seem to come back around, dont they.
    mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, It was always nice to have a willing person to try our creations. He really was one to encourage. I can still see his smile and those eyebrows going up in the middle.
    Cindie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure he would love the shop what with books and things Ive made to sell and goodies to eat! He would have liked Robert as well. <3

    ReplyDelete